Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Proposal Site Content

Summary
This Web site will include pieces from the research based hyperlinked site that I organized in 2006. It contains extensive information, in the form of html pages, but no visual design has been applied to it. The site outlines the research I did on the Regency Era and Bridal Salons for a Virtual Environment Level Design Proposal.
There are three main problems with my current collection of content. Since the site was created for a class, the HTML pages were not designed to be hosted on the Web. The page contain images, for which I do not own the copyrights and direct image links. I need to use proper hyperText referencing for any images that I still want to use.
The second issue concerns the fact that the Bridal Salon Virtual Environment has been completed since the proposal was submitted. In the finished level, I also modeled a Wedding Chapel. I would like to include screen shots of the chapel in the site. I intend use other screen shots from the level to replace as many of the other copyrighted images as possible.
The last problem is that I have two other sites with complementary content. One site was a showcase of my MFA portfolio and research prototypes of my wedding-oriented chick clicks. This site has a specific style with elements that I carried over to the other site that summarized research I did on the feasibility of a Jane Austen based computer game. I want all three sites to have a similar look and feel, and yet have their own unique aspects. In addition, I want the new site I am designing to incorporate some new trends and CSS techniques, instead of being based completely on Flash.

Images

The images I have all relate to bridal salons, wedding fashion, Jane Austen, Regency Era architecture. Topics that contain copyrighted images need to be replaced from the current site:
Regency Era Architecture
Regency Era Fashion
Jane Austen
Common Environment Exteriors
Bridal Salon Exteriors
Bridal Salon Interiors
Bridal Salon Furniture
Regency Era Building Exteriors
Regency Era Building Interiors
Color Wheel
Interior Color Examples
Exterior Color Examples
Missing images:
Color Palettes for the Bridal Salon, Ballroom and Wedding Chapel
Wedding Chapel Exteriors
Wedding Chapel Interiors

Text

The text on the pages will describe the research I have performed on the bridal salon, ballroom and wedding chapel virtual environment.
The text on the Bridal Salon is written.
The text on the Ballroom is written.
The text on the Wedding Chapel is missing.


3 comments:

got80s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
got80s said...

dreamweaver export/import

http://www.utdallas.edu/~bje061000/dreamweaver.html

got80s said...

here is the direct link to the text instructions for doing importing and exporting in dreamweaver,

http://is.gd/2sDZ

The link above has been shortened to make it easier to copy.