Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Proposal Site Structure


Site Structure Type
The type of site plan structure I intend to use is hierarchical. This is a link to the type of site plan I am using.
http://www.smartdraw.com/tutorials/software/websitemap/tutorial_02.htm


Site Structure Summary
The hierarchical style of site plan fits my site because there will be main pages for categories and other pages for topics within those categories. All of the categories will be accessible from the home page. There will be pages for the categories, and for the sub-topics. Including the summary page, there will be nineteen pages total.
Summary
Bridal Salon - Interior Exterior
Geometry
Texture
Lighting
Assets
Color

Ballroom - Interior Exterior
Geometry
Texture
Lighting
Assets
Color

Wedding Chapel - Interior Exterior
Geometry
Texture
Lighting
Assets
Color


































































Summary  
 
Bridal Salon
Ballroom
Wedding Chapel
Interior Exterior Interior Exterior Interior Exterior
Geometry            
Texture            
Lighting            
Assets            
Color            
Site Structure Details
The requirements for the Bridal Salon Virtual Environment Level Design Proposal included several topics: Summary, Geometry, Texture, Lighting, Assets and Color Palette. The pages in the original site correspond to these categories and they worked well for encompassing the aspects involved in designing the level. However, since the site is complete, I would like to shift the focus of the site slightly toward the process I followed and away from my plans. This way I can use more of my own images and less copyrighted material. The text I wrote illustrates my research abilities and the screen shots of my work illustrate my level design skills.

The original site had a section on the common exterior, the Bridal Salon exterior, the Bridal Salon interior, the Ballroom exterior and the Ballroom interior on every page. There were no sections on the interior or exterior of the Wedding Chapel. In order to take advantage of the hypertext capabilities of HTML, I would like the new site to include a structure that allows easy access to cross-references between the buildings and the design descriptions. For example, I want a visitor to also be able to follow the design of the Bridal Salon through the geometry, texture, lighting, assets and color palette. The structure should allow the visitor to chose the navigation process from the summary.

No comments: